Last Updated on
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and is often ignored by people.
If you’re looking to improve your diet and want to nail things down then it’s time to look at this meal with a different lens. By making changes to how you approach breakfast recipes, it’s possible to improve your health and gain the nutritional value of a good meal early on in your day.
Here are some of the finest breakfast recipe options under 500 calories.
Top 5 Picks
1. Coffee-Flavored Muffins
The first breakfast recipe is a beautiful low-calorie muffin (50 calories each) that is tasty, easy to make and in line with your breakfast-related demands.
- Egg (1)
- Brewed Coffee (1 Shot)
- Vanilla Extract (2 Tsp)
- Milk (1/4 Cup)
- Baking Powder (1 Tsp.)
- Almond Flour (1 Cup)
- Protein Powder of Your Choice (1/4 Cup)
- Honey (2 Tbsp.)
- Set Oven to 355F (180 C)
- Take Out Silicone Muffin Tins and Grease Them Beforehand
- Combine All Ingredients in a Medium-Sized Bowl
- Pour into the Greased Tins
- Bake for 15 Minutes
- Set Aside Baked Muffins at Room Temperature for 24 Hours
This is a delicious way to create something that’s “ready to go” and easy to digest. You don’t want to be eating heavy meals early on and this is a good snack to have with you.
Plus, it is going to taste delicious as long as you are using high-quality protein powder! Take the time to find proper ingredients and make sure you do let the muffins sit out at room temperature before eating them.
This is going to improve their texture and taste once it’s time to eat.
2. Berry Toast
The berry toast is a wonderful option for those looking to keep the calories down (207 calories each) and will taste great at the same time.
- Coconut Butter or Coconut Oil (1 Tsp.)
- Whole Grain Bread (1 Slice)
- Sliced Strawberries (4)
- Blueberries (8)
- Grated Lemon Peel (1/8 Tsp)
- Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese (1/4 Cup)
- Lemon Juice (1/2 Tsp)
- Begin by Spreading Coconut Butter on the Slice of Bread
- Let the Bread Toast in the Toaster for 3 Minutes or Until Golden Brown
- Mix Together Lemon Peel, Lemon Juice, and Ricotta Cheese
- Spread the Ricotta Mixture onto the Bread
- Place the Blueberries and Strawberries Across the Top of the Toast
What is the one thing people enjoy early in the morning for breakfast? Most people want to grab a slice of bread and put together some type of toast.
This is an easy option and one that most people relate to. So, this recipe is a beautiful blend of taste and nutritional value that is going to be in line with your caloric demands.
You will enjoy eating this scrumptious recipe and it is not going to be packed in terms of empty calories.
3. Vegan Smoothie
Oh yes, the perfect breakfast needs to include some type of smoothie and this is going to be an ideal option for those who don’t want to eat anything early in the morning.
If you just want a “ready to go” smoothie then this has to be right up your alley.
This is going to come in at a mere 292 calories and will be more than enough for breakfast.
- Diced Cucumbers (3 Cups)
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice (1 Tbsp)
- Raw Cashews (1/4 Cup)
- Baby Spinach (2 Cups)
- Chopped Mint Leaves (1/4 Cup)
- Coconut Water Cubes (3 Cups)
- Add All of the Ingredients (except the Coconut Ice) and Blend Them Together
- Now Add in the Coconut Ice and Blend Again
This is truly a wonderful smoothie that is going to be packed with great nutritional value as soon as it is added to your list of breakfast recipes.
The real charm of this recipe is knowing you are able to make it in seconds and it is going to offer more value than many other breakfast options in your life.
4. Salmon Wraps
Sometimes, you are going to want a meal that is far more substantial in terms of what you’re eating. This is when you will want to take a look at all of the options and go with this power-packed salmon wrap.
it is going to have a wonderful array of ingredients and is going to taste even better!
- Sliced Smoked Salmon (60 g)
- Broccoli Sprouts/Baby Arugula Leaves (2 Cups)
- Whipped Cream Cheese (1/4 Cup)
- Whole-Wheat Tortillas (2)
- Sliced Cucumbers (1/2 Cup)
- Begin By Spreading 50% of the Cream Cheese on Each Tortilla
- Sprinkle the Cucumbers on Top of the Cream Cheese
- Add the Strip of Salmon on Top of the Cucumbers
- Roll Up the Tortillas and Make Sure To Keep The Ingredients Snug Against the Sides
- Cut Down the Middle (Diagonally)
This is an easy to prepare breakfast recipe that is going to come in at a mere 169 calories per wrap. Anyone that is looking to eat something substantial and want to play around with the ingredients will like this option.
It tastes amazing and is going to have enough value for you to enjoy it every single day!
With these recipes, you are going to be getting the best of both worlds!
You are going to be eating healthier meals early in the morning while also keeping the calorie count down. This is the beauty of a well-designed breakfast recipe and how it can change your daily routine for the better.
Too many people ignore this meal and do the bare minimum when it comes to putting together a viable recipe. For those who want to do things properly, it’s best to think about recipe options that are in line with one’s needs.
Focus on these recipe options and you’re going to be well on your way to a healthier breakfast.