Last Updated: September 24, 2020
Have you been looking for a proven way to lose weight and actually keep it for good this time?
If you’ve been searching for diets – or even if you haven’t – odds are pretty good you’ve heard a lot about Nutrisystem and Weight Watchers (WW) during your research.
That’s because they’re two of the most popular weight loss programs in the world. On top of that, they both work great for weight loss, and even teach you how to make smart choices for life, so you can have a shot and keeping the weight off forever.
Even with all of the success both Nutrisystem and Weight Watchers have had, there are some really big differences between how these diets work. That means, while Weight Watchers might be a fantastic option for a lot of people, Nutrisystem is the better choice for another group.
To help you decide which of these diets is right for you, we’ll take a deep dive into how each of them works, while also highlighting their biggest differences.
Hopefully by the end of this comparison, you’ll know exactly which diet is best for you.
What Makes WW Different from Nutrisystem?
Before diving into to what both of these diets are all about, let’s quickly take a peek at the biggest differences between the two. This may give you an idea right away, but which program you’re going to prefer.
Nutrisystem is a Diet Delivery Program
When you sign up for Nutrisystem, you’re going to get a month’s supply of food shipped right to your door. It’ll ship every month, as long as you’re enrolled in their program.
This means, there’s now guesswork, very little grocery shopping, and no counting points or calories. Just eat their food and follow the program they send, and you’ll be on your way to losing weight. Right now they’re helping people lose up to 13 pounds in the first 30 days of following the diet.
Weight Watchers, on the other hand, doesn’t currently offer a diet delivery program, so you’ll be on your own to make meals and snacks.
WW Uses Points
As most of us know by now, Weight Watchers use a points system to help you keep track of your food and exercise for the day. When you sign up, you’ll plug all of your info into the app or online, and then they’ll give you a point total you need to stick for the day if you want to lose weight.
With Nutrisystem there is no counting points or calories.
Meetings vs Coaching
With WW, you have the chance to sign up for their “Studio” program, which is their new way of saying Weight Watchers Meetings. There is an additional fee is you sign up for meetings, and you’ll have to see if they offer them in your area. If they do, they can be a great place to find support, connect with other members, and stay on track with your goals.
While Nutrisystem doesn’t have a meetings option, they do provide access to diet and health coaches who can be reached via phone. They are there to be your support line on your weight loss journey, so if you decide to sign up for Nutrisystem, be sure to utilize this service.
At first glance, WW is going to be the cheaper option when compared to Nutrisytem. As far as up front costs go, WW is less than Nutrisytem, but remember that you still have to pay for most of your food for the month, so it’ll be on you to figure out how much you spend on groceries or eating out.
Nutrisystem starts at around $8.70 a day, and remember that covers most of your meals and snacks for the entire day – that price is hard to beat when you think about your average grocery bill.
So, while Nutrisystem requires a bigger up front investment, overall it may be cheaper? I also find that up front investment to be more motivating for me, and the fact that I paid for a month’s worth of food in advance, helps to keep me motivated to stick with the diet plan.
Now that we have these key differences outlined, here’s a closer look at Nutrisystem and Weight Watchers:
Nutrisystem is probably the best-selling meal delivery diet of all time, with millions of happy customers over the years.
The proof is in the testimonials – this diet plan works great for those who stick with it, and if you stick with a healthy eating and exercise program, you have a great shot at keeping the weight off for good once you’ve hit your goals.
If you’re looking for the simplicity of meal delivery (our preferred way to lose weight), then Nutrisystem should be at the top of your short list!
How it Works
- Pick the Best Plan for You
- Get a Month’s Worth of Food Sent to You
- Eat the Food, Follow their Program, Lose Weight
- Plan to Eat 6 Times per Day – Mostly the Food they Send You
- Fresh Veggies and Some Fruit Encouraged
- Moderate Exercise Should Help with Weight Loss
- Use Free App to Track Progress, Meals, and More
- Enjoy Flex Meals Every Week – Make Your Own or Go Out to Eat
- Lose Up to 13 Pounds in First Month
- Most Should Expect 1 to 2 Pounds per Week after That
- Need a Specialty Plan? They Have Options for Vegetarians and Diabetics
How Much Weight Can You Lose?
Right now, Nutrisystem says they can help you lose up to 13 pounds (as much as 18 pounds for men) in your first month on their program.
After that, most people should expect to lose an average of 1 to 2 pounds every week that they follow Nutrisystem.
Who Should Join Nutrisystem?
Knowing that WW is points-based system, and Nutrisystem is a diet-delivery program, you probably already have a pretty good idea about which of these diets is going to be your best fit.
You should try Nutrisystem if…
- You Want a Meal Delivery Diet
- You Like a “Done for You” Program
- You Want to Cut Way Back on Grocery Shopping
- You Like Easy Weight Loss – Easy to Follow, No Guesswork
- You Don’t Want to Spend Hours in the Gym
- You Want to Learn How to Keep it Off for Good
- You Want a Diet That Won’t Break the Bank
Ready to Lose Weight? Get the Best Deal Nutrisystem Here…
Think you’re ready for Nutrisystem?
They’re currently offering some pretty sweet deals, so if you think it’s the right program for you, this is a good time to get on board.
2. WW AKA Weight Watchers
Price: Check Current WW Price
WW (read review) basically invented the points system for keeping track of what you eat, and now they’ve kicked things up a notch by offering exercise points too!
Their points system works, and that’s the bottom line.
If you’ve been looking for a weight loss program that allows you to make your own meals, but shows you what to eat to lose weight, then WW may be the perfect fit.
Here’s how it works…
How it Works
- Download the WW App
- Get a Customized Weight Loss/Health Plan
- Stay within Your Daily Point Limit & Lose Weight
- More Freedom Than Ever with WW Freestyle – 200+ Foods Worth 0 Points
- Mix in Some Exercise – Get Workouts on the App
- Attend Wellness Workshops or Work with Your Coach One-on-One (Depending on Your Plan)
- Learn How to Build Healthy Habits for Life
How Much Weight Can You Lose?
Weight Watchers doesn’t really advertise a weight loss number, at least that we’ve seen. With their latest re-branding, they have more of a focus on improving your overall health these days, not just weight loss.
That said, they’re still a diet so most people are joining WW to lose weight, and they’re there to help you do just that…lose weight.
The numbers we’ve seen are about 1 to 2 pounds per week when you follow WW, but of course, results will vary for everyone.
Who Should Consider WW?
You should join Weight Watchers, if…
- You Don’t Want a Meal Delivery Diet
- You Want a Program That’s Easy to Follow
- You Want to Build Healthy Habits – Eating, Exercise, and More
- You Like the Idea of Counting Points
- You Want to Attend WW Meetings
- You Want to Work One-on-one with a WW Coach
Get the Best WW Deal Here…
If you think you’re ready to take the WW plunge, then now is a good time to do it!
They’re always offering new promos, but at last check you could get a full 2 months free.
And The Winner is…
These are two very different diets, so while it’s hard to say one is better than the other, if we had to go with just one, our choice would be…
- We Love How Easy Losing Weight is with Meal Delivery Diets
- Their Plan is So Easy to Follow
- Lose a lot of Weight in First Month
- It’s Super Affordable
If you’re ready to jump on the Nutrisystem train, right now is a great time to do it:
- 21 Noom Before and After Pictures + Our Favorite Success Stories - September 21, 2020
- How Much Weight Can You Lose on Weight Watchers in 3 Months? - September 11, 2020
- Best Vegetarian Recipes for Weight Loss - September 1, 2020