Last Updated on
South Beach Diet vs. Keto? Well, when people think of diets, there’s a good chance that both the ketogenic and South Beach Diets may come to mind. They just happen to be two of the most popular programs in the world right now, which probably has something to do with how well they can help people lose weight.
Both programs are very different from each other, though, so there’s a good chance that one is going to work better for you when compared to the other.
Because of that, it’s a good idea to take a close look at both diets, so you can get a better idea about which one is going to be the perfect fit for you.
So without wasting anymore time, let’s compare the keto and South Beach Diets!
Differences Between Keto and South Beach Diet
We’re going to give you a solid overview of both these diets, but first, let’s look at what makes them different…
- Total Net Carbs: Keto is usually 20-30 grams of net carbs per day / SBD is closer to 40-50.
- Total Fat: You’ll be eating a lot more fat on the keto diet than South Beach
- Meal Delivery: South Beach Diet is a meal delivery program. Keto is more of a program that you follow on your own.
- Long Term Weight Loss: Keto seems much harder to stick with over the long-term, while South Beach’s low-carb lifestyle is much easier to follow for life.
Now that we have these key differences outlined, let’s dig into both diets, so you can pick the perfect plan for you.
1. South Beach Diet
Price: Check Current Price
If you’re looking for the best low-carb diet delivery program, then South Beach Diet is our first choice (more details here).
The diet has been around for years now, but it wasn’t until recently that you could order a month’s supply of South Beach Diet friendly meals and snacks right to your door.
Now, losing weight following the South Beach Diet phases is easier than ever!
How it Works
- Diet Rolls Out in 3 Phases
- Eat 6 Times a Day
- Just Follow the Program and Start Losing Weight
- Mix in Some Moderate Exercise
- Several Different Plans to Pick From
- Stick to About 40-50 Net Carbs per Day
- Lose up to 7 Pounds Week 1
- 1-2 Pounds per Week After That
- Meals Include Heart-Healthy “Good” Fats
- Easy to Follow Weight Loss Plan
- Built-in Flex Meals Make it Perfect for Busy Lifestyles
- Get Started for Around $9 per Day
Is South Beach Diet Keto-Friendly?
South Beach Diet recently launched a new line of “keto-friendly” meals and snacks, so you could get some great low-carb meals through their diet program.
That said, if you’re looking to go full keto, there are probably some other options to consider, as the South Beach Diet keto meals aren’t designed to keep you in ketosis.
Is it Better Than Keto?
Depends who you ask. Personally, we’ve had a chance to try both diets. While you’ll probably lose weight faster following a keto diet, South Beach Diet is more of a realistic plan for long term weight loss.
That said, right now South Beach Diet says they can help you lose up to 7 pounds during Phase 1, which is the first week of the diet. That’s not bad for a week!
Does the Food Taste Good?
As long as you go into their meal delivery program with managed expectations, you should find that the food tastes just fine.
Some meals are better than others, but we honestly found a lot of South Beach Diet foods that we really enjoyed, and even looked forward to eating.
It’s diet food, so as long as you going in expecting really high-quality pre-made meals, then you should be good to go!
Best Deal Here?
Starting to think South Beach Diet might be the best program for you?
It’s a great choice for anyone who’s looking for:
- Fast & Healthy Weight Loss
- A Program That’s Easy to Follow
- The Convenience of Meal Delivery
- Weight Loss That’s Affordable
The Ketogenic Diet is easily one of the most popular names in the diet world these days, with celebrities, influencers, and just about everyone else jumping on the bandwagon.
The reason for all of this popularity?
This diet works!
How it Works
- Eliminate Sugar
- Cut Way Back on Carbs – 20-30 Net Carbs per Day Depending on Who You Ask
- High Fat Diet
- Mix in Protein
What Can You Eat?
Meat, seafood, poultry are often staples of the keto diet. On top of that, you can say YES to full-fat dairy, eggs, bacon, butter, cream, and more.
You can also eat some nuts and seeds, as well as avocados.
Low-carb veggies are encouraged as well, including things like onions, peppers, greens, tomatoes. Keep in mind, though, these items will be eaten in smaller amounts.
What Can’t You Eat?
When you go keto you’re going to avoid bread, pastas, grains, starch, beans, legumes, and processed foods. You’ll also want to cut way back on alcohol, or avoid altogether, and most fruits are off limits as well.
Can You Get Keto as a Meal Delivery Diet?
While you’re perfectly welcome to do the keto diet on your own, there are also some options out there for meal delivery. South Beach Diet has a new “keto-friendly” menu, which is definitely worth checking out, but it’s more along the links of 40 to 50 grams of net carbs per day.
If you want more of a traditional ketogenic program delivered, then we recommend checking out Diet to Go’s keto menu.
And the Winner is?
Since we’re doing a head-to-head comparison of the ketogenic and South Beach Diets, we have to name a winner, right?
For our money, if you’re looking for a program that you can follow for life, then we recommend going with a program like South Beach Diet. It’s low carb, which has been proven to help you lose weight, but isn’t as strict as keto when it comes to things like fruit, veggies, and carbs.
While you will still want to cut back on things like pasta and bread, you’re definitely encouraged to eat plenty of fruit and vegetables on South Beach Diet, which is a great thing, in our opinion!
So, if you’re looking for a diet that:
- Helps You Lose Weight Fast
- Teaches You How to Keep it off for Good
- Has Delicious Meals and Snacks
- Is Easy to Follow
- Ships Most of You Meals and Snacks Right to Your Door
Then it’s time to check out the new South Beach Diet:
- Nutrisystem Before and After Success Stories + Pictures & Video - June 29, 2020
- Salmon Red Quinoa on Asparagus with Lime Cilantro Sauce - February 18, 2020
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Tacos Grilled Pineapple Salsa - February 17, 2020