Written by Megan Ayala. Last Updated: March 20, 2021
Looking for the best Weight Watchers alternatives? Well, WW is a great diet, there’s now doubt, but it isn’t always the best choice for everyone. If you find that you’re looking for something a bit different than the Weight Watchers Freestyle diet, then this article is for you.
Below, we’re going to examine three alternatives to WW Freestyle, that may be a better fit for you.
If you’re looking for an amazing weight loss program, that isn’t necessarily Weight Watchers, then this article is for you…
3 Cheaper WW Competitors
- 1 3 Cheaper WW Competitors
- 2 1. Noom
- 3 2. Mayo Clinic Diet
- 4 3. Lose it!
- 5 Comparison Summary: The Best WW Alternative?
There may be a number of different reasons that you’re looking for a weight loss program that’s different than WW, but we’ve narrowed down our choices based on a few key factors, including:
- Ease of Use
- Long-Term Weight Loss Solution
- Proven Results
All of the diets we’ve picked check the boxes above, and are excellent choices for anyone looking for proven diet programs.
Here are the three diets we’re going to cover in more detail:
- Mayo Clinic Diet
- Lose it!
Should we learn more about these 3 awesome diets?
Price: Check Current Noom Price
Looking for the best, and most affordable Weight Watchers alternative available?
It’s one of the newer options out there, but they’ve been making huge waves since diving into the diet space, and that’s because their program works!
You don’t just have to take our word for it – you’ve probably read plenty of Noom testimonials all over Instagram and Facebook . Most of these are from real Noom customers, many of which show off some pretty impressive weight loss results?
So what’s all the buzz about?
Why People Love Noom
- Diet Plan Based on What You Need and Want
- See Exactly How Long it Should Take to Reach Your Goals
- An Eating & Exercise Plan Designed Just for You
- Work with Your Own Personal Noom Coach – 1:1 Support
- Connect with Noom Community Members
- Largest Food List of Its Kind
- Develop Healthy Habits You Can Use for Life
- Get it For Less Than $20 per Month
- 14-Day Free Trial (Risk Free)
Is it Cheaper Than Weight Watchers?
Yes, and here’s how…
If you opt for the Noom yearly plan, you can get it for less than $20 a month, and that includes access to all of the features they offer, including 1:1 coaching.
WW, on the other hand, runs about $50 per month for their 1:1 coaching program.
Noom offers one-on-one coaching, and it’s available for one low price. When you sign up with Noom, you’ll get paired up with a coach who’s a perfect fit for you.
Use the app to connect with your coach for scheduled meetings, or hit them up anytime with questions or when you need support or advice.
This perk alone makes Noom well worth the small monthly fee.
How Do I Join?
If you’re ready to get started with Noom, the first thing you’ll want to do is to fill out your free diet profile. This helps them get all of the information they need to build the perfect plan for you.
You’ll also see how long they think it’s going to take to reach your goals.
2. Mayo Clinic Diet
How do they make this possible?
Let’s find out…
Why Choose Mayo Clinic Diet
- New App
- Track Your Food, Exercise, and More
- Huge Recipe & Food Database
- Lose up to 10 Pounds in First 2 Weeks
- Not a Short-Term Diet Solution: Teaches You How to Keep the Weight off Permanently
- Only $5 per Week
Cheaper Than WW?
Mayo Clinic Diet is cheaper than the WW coaching program, but is pretty comparable in price to their online-only option.
Either way, it’s very affordable and great choice for anyone looking for a doctor-approved way to lose weight.
2 Phases to Success
Mayo Clinic Diet follows two phases:
- Lose it!
- Live it!
During the Lose it! phase, you should see the largest amount of weight loss in the shortest amount of time. It can be up to 10 lbs during these first two weeks.
During this time, your body is adjusting to the new healthy eating habits you’re developing, and you should notice it in your waistline.
As the name suggests, the Live it! phase is when you’ll “live” the diet. Stick with it, take the new healthy habits to heart, and you’ll be on your way to living a healthier and probably even happier life.
How Do I Join?
Mayo Clinic has a dedicated website for their diet, and on it you can fill out your free diet profile, learn more about their program, and see some impressive testimonials.
3. Lose it!
If a simple calorie and fitness tracking app is what you’re looking for, then Lose it! is definitely worth of your consideration. Plus, the basic version is free.
You can also connect with the Lose it! community , which is very active, and is a great place to get tips, advice, share results, and just chat with other members.
Why Choose Lose it!
- You want an app that’s free
- You just need the basics
- Tracking food and exercise has been proven to help
- Huge community of fellow members
- Premium plan available with a lot more features
- Weight Loss Plans Based on Your DNA (with premium plan upgrade)
Cheaper than WW?
Lose it! is cheaper than WW, if you go with the free plan. Keep in mind, that their app does feature advertisements if you opt for the free version, and it only comes equipped with a few basic features.
If you opt for their premium plan it currently runs $39.99 per year . That pencils out to about $3.33 per month, which is also cheaper than any of WW’s paid plans.
How Do I Join?
If you want to try Lose it! simply head to the app store on your smartphone or tablet, and download the app. They’ll walk you through the rest of the steps for getting started.
Comparison Summary: The Best WW Alternative?
When it comes to finding an alternative to Weight Watchers, there are plenty of options out there. The diets we’ve listed above are just a few of the places you can start.
They all offer something different, some are cheaper, and they are all supported by research.
If I had to go with just one, Noom would be my pick – you can learn more and get a Noom trial here.
Ultimately, though, the decision about which of these programs and apps is best for you, will something you have to decide. Use the information we’ve outline above, do your own research, and get started…
- Noom, Instagram. Found at https://www.instagram.com/noom/
- Mayo Clinic Staff, Mayo Clinic Healthy Weight Pyramid: A sample menu. Found at https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/healthy-weight-pyramid/art-20045416
- Social & Community, Lose it!. Found https://help.loseit.com/hc/en-us/sections/115001734027-Social-Community
- Lose it! Premium Plans. Found at https://www.loseit.com/premium/
- Is it True You Lose Weight When You Are in Love? - September 30, 2021
- Walking 3 Miles a Day and Eating 1200 Calories: The Surprising Results - September 29, 2021
- I Keep Cheating on My Diet: Reasons Why + How to Stop - September 16, 2021