Disclaimer: PatriciaandCarolyn.com is a reader-supported site. We may earn a commission if you click links on this site and make a purchase.
Written by Megan Ayala. Last Updated: April 4, 2023
The meal delivery service industry has been booming in recent years, providing busy individuals with convenient and healthy meal options. Two popular services in this space are CookUnity and Factor.
This article aims to provide a comprehensive comparison of Factor and CookUnity, exploring their meal options, menu variety, pricing, and how they cater to specific needs like weight loss or dietary preferences.
By the end, you should have a clear understanding of which service may be best for you.
Table of Contents
CookUnity is a meal delivery service that offers fresh, chef-prepared meals to your doorstep. The company partners with professional chefs to create a diverse menu, featuring a wide range of cuisines and ingredients.
CookUnity focuses on delivering delicious, healthy, and well-balanced meals that cater to various dietary preferences and restrictions.
Factor Meals Overview
Factor is a meal delivery service that provides fresh, prepared meals, focusing on nutrition and convenience. Their meals are crafted by dietitians and chefs to ensure a balanced, healthy, and flavorful experience.
Factor offers a variety of meal options, including plans that cater to specific diets like keto, paleo, and vegetarian.
How Do the Meals and Food Compare?
CookUnity offers a vast selection of meal options, featuring more than 300 meals each week. Their menu is diverse, offering meals inspired by various international cuisines such as Mediterranean, Asian, and Latin American. CookUnity’s meals cater to different dietary preferences, including gluten-free, dairy-free, low-carb, and plant-based options.
Factor provides a rotating menu of 23 meals each week, ensuring customers have ample variety. Their meals cover a range of flavors, inspired by different culinary traditions. Factor’s meals are designed to be nutritionally balanced and cater to specific dietary requirements, including keto, paleo, dairy-free, and gluten-free options.
Menu Options Comparison
CookUnity Menu Options
CookUnity’s extensive menu offers a wide range of options to cater to different dietary preferences and restrictions. The service provides:
- Vegetarian and vegan options
- Gluten-free meals
- Dairy-free meals
- Low-carb and low-calorie meals
- Chef’s specials that change weekly
Factor Menu Options
Factor’s menu includes meals that cater to specific dietary requirements, such as:
- Keto-friendly meals
- Paleo meals
- Vegetarian meals
- Dairy-free and gluten-free meals
- Low-carb and high-protein meals
Pricing Head-to-Head: Which Option is Cheaper?
CookUnity’s pricing varies depending on the number of meals you choose per week:
- 4 meals per week: $13.49 per meal
- 6 meals per week: $12.99 per meal
- 8 meals per week: $11.99 per meal
- 12 meals per week: $10.99 per meal
- *Pricing current at time of publication – see current price at CookUnity website
Factor’s pricing is based on the number of meals you select per week:
- 4 meals per week: $15.00 per meal
- 6 meals per week: $12.83 per meal
- 8 meals per week: $12.38 per meal
- 12 meals per week: $11.50 per meal
- *Pricing current at time of publication – see current price at Factor website
Is Factor or CookUnity better for weight loss?
Both Factor and CookUnity offer meal options that cater to weight loss goals, with low-carb, low-calorie, and high-protein meals available. However, Factor has a more explicit focus on nutrition and offers meals specifically designed for keto and paleo diets, which some people find helpful for weight loss. Ultimately, the best choice for weight loss will depend on your individual needs and preferences.
Customer Service and Support
Both CookUnity and Factor provide customer support to assist with any questions or concerns. It’s essential to choose a service with responsive and helpful support to ensure a seamless meal delivery experience. Research and read customer reviews to gauge the quality of their customer service.
Ease of Use and Ordering Process
A user-friendly website and ordering process can significantly enhance your experience with a meal delivery service. Compare the CookUnity and Factor websites to determine which one offers a more intuitive and straightforward ordering process.
Delivery Area and Scheduling
Consider the availability of the service in your area and the flexibility of their delivery schedules. While both CookUnity and Factor have extensive delivery areas, it’s crucial to confirm that they deliver to your location and offer a delivery schedule that fits your needs.
Environmental Impact and Sustainability
If you are environmentally conscious, you may want to consider each company’s efforts towards sustainability and reducing waste. Investigate their packaging, ingredient sourcing, and overall commitment to environmental responsibility.
The quality of ingredients plays a crucial role in the taste and nutritional value of prepared meals. Both CookUnity and Factor prioritize using fresh, high-quality ingredients, but you may want to research further into their sourcing practices to determine which service aligns better with your preferences.
If you have specific dietary needs or preferences, the ability to customize your meals can be an essential factor. Compare CookUnity and Factor’s customization options to determine which service better accommodates your unique requirements.
By considering these additional factors, along with the meal variety, pricing, and dietary accommodations of each service, you can make a well-informed decision about which meal delivery service, CookUnity or Factor, is the best fit for your lifestyle and needs. Remember that your preferences and requirements may change over time, so don’t be afraid to try both services or switch between them to find the perfect fit.
Deciding if Factor or CookUnity is Best for You
When deciding between Factor and CookUnity, consider your specific dietary preferences, budget, and the variety of meals you desire. Each service has its unique strengths, so take some time to weigh the pros and cons.
You Should Pick CookUnity if:
- You value meal variety: CookUnity offers an extensive selection of over 300 meals each week, providing a wide range of flavors and cuisines.
- You want chef-curated meals: CookUnity partners with professional chefs to create diverse and delicious meals.
- You prefer customizable plans: CookUnity allows you to choose the number of meals you want per week, giving you more control over your meal plan.
- You seek a more affordable option: CookUnity’s pricing is generally lower than Factor’s, especially when opting for more meals per week.
- You want a service that caters to various dietary preferences: CookUnity offers meals that accommodate a wide range of dietary restrictions and preferences, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and plant-based options.
You Should Consider Factor if:
- You prioritize nutrition: Factor’s meals are designed by dietitians and chefs to ensure they are nutritionally balanced and healthy.
- You follow a specific diet: Factor offers meal options specifically tailored to keto, paleo, and vegetarian diets.
- You value quality ingredients: Factor emphasizes using high-quality, sustainably-sourced ingredients in their meals.
- You want a simple, rotating menu: Factor’s menu features 23 rotating meals each week, providing variety without overwhelming choices.
- You are focused on weight loss: Factor’s nutrition-focused approach and keto/paleo options may be more suitable for those with weight loss goals.
In conclusion, both CookUnity and Factor offer fresh, delicious, and convenient meal delivery options. While CookUnity is known for its vast menu and chef-prepared meals, Factor stands out for its nutrition focus and specific diet accommodations.
Consider your individual needs, preferences, and goals when choosing between these two meal delivery services.