Last Updated on
Pumpkin pie for breakfast! Serve a unique hot breakfast to satisfy everyone’s early morning hunger.
Spicy pumpkin flavors in a breakfast cereal will have family and friends wondering where you found the time.
This super simple recipe is just thrown together before bed and it will be ready and cooked to perfection by the time you wake up.
- Serves 6
- 1½ cups (375 mL) steel-cut oats
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 4 cups (1 L) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) pumpkin purée
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground ginger
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup (75 mL) pure maple syrup or brown sugar
- vanilla yogurt, cream, milk or ice cream (optional)
Place the oats, milk, water, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in slow cooker. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. Stir in the vanilla and maple syrup. Serve with milk, yogurt, cream or even ice cream, if desired.
Per Serving: energy 240 calories; protein 9 g; carbohydrates 46 g; dietary fiber 5 g; fat 3.5 g; sugar 16 g, cholesterol 5 mg; sodium 45 mg.
Get more great recipes like this one in Grain Power!
Get more recipes and health tips on our homepage.